Here’s the deal, Spring Training is like nothing else when it comes to the game of baseball. Unlike exhibitions in football or basketball, baseball chooses to employ a systematic approach towards gearing up for the season. With a 162 game season to follow, very little statistically can be pulled from major league Spring Training. However, if you watch for a few key things, Spring Training becomes much more eye opening.
More from Minnesota Twins News
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Twins’ Joey Gallo signing
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Christian Vazquez Signing
- Minnesota Twins: Twins jump into Top 5 in first MLB Draft Lottery
- Minnesota Twins: Byron Buxton wins 2022 Bob Feller Act of Valor Award
- Minnesota Twins: A Twins Homage to the Turkey of the Year Award
For the Twins specifically, we have already looked at plenty of the storylines coming into the spring. The Twins are once again looking for someone to step up and be the diamond in the rough. There are plenty of position battles going on, and ESPN has recently highlighted their Twins Spring Training preview.
Waiting for the festivities to kick off however, the Twins will show us plenty by simply watching for a few key things throughout the next month. Instead of reading box scores and trying to understand numerical outputs, focus on these areas should shine a light on quite a bit of information.