The Minnesota Twins made only two significant moves this offseason in signing both Torii Hunter and Ervin Santana. While the club did add veteran relievers like Tim Stauffer and Blaine Boyer, it appears they are not done in their search. According to reports, a right-handed bat may be in the club’s future.
More from Minnesota Twins News
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Twins’ Joey Gallo signing
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Christian Vazquez Signing
- Minnesota Twins: Twins jump into Top 5 in first MLB Draft Lottery
- Minnesota Twins: Byron Buxton wins 2022 Bob Feller Act of Valor Award
- Minnesota Twins: A Twins Homage to the Turkey of the Year Award
Darren Wolfson of 1500 ESPN is reporting that the Twins are taking in-depth looks at what the free agent market still has left to offer. Nothing appears imminent, but the club could choose to add some firepower prior to the start of the season.
The Twins are more than well aware that players like Kurt Suzuki and Danny Santana are prime candidates for offensive regression during the 2015 season. While the addition of Hunter to the lineup should help, Minnesota could use an extra lift. As it appears right now, Eduardo Escobar, Josmil Pinto, Eduardo Nunez, and Jordan Schafer seem to be the bench options. Of those, only Pinto provides significant pop off of the bench.
Don’t expect for the Twins to make any sort of big name splash, but they could look to bring in someone to add to an offense that was in the top third of the major leagues during the 2014 season. It would seem to be fair that much of the decision would be based upon how things look during Spring Training. If nothing else, it’s yet another storyline to monitor for the Twins.
More from Puckett's Pond
- Minnesota Twins: 2022 Year in Review for Twins Baseball
- Minnesota Twins: Making the Case for the Current 2023 Rotation
- Minnesota Twins: Does the MLB or the Twins have a Spending Problem?
- Minnesota Twins: 2 Possible Free Agent Reunions for 2023
- Minnesota Twins: Holiday Wish List for the rest of the Offseason