Sep 5, 2014; Minneapolis, MN, USA; Minnesota Twins catcher Josmil Pinto (43) at bat against the Los Angeles Angels at Target Field. Mandatory Credit: Brad Rempel-USA TODAY Sports
Josmil Pinto Shows Off Both Sides Of Game
We’ve talked a ton about Josmil Pinto this offseason. While he is no doubt going to be on the Twins 25 man roster, there are significant positives and negatives to his game. Although he possesses strong power ability with his bat at the plate, behind it he leaves the Twins with a glaring deficiency.
Minnesota saw both sides of Pinto’s game on full display on Monday down in Fort Myers.Struggling on defense is something the Twins have grown accustomed to with Pinto, while brandishing a strong bat is other something they have benefited from.
The Twins will be hoping that Pinto can start to grasp the defensive side of things to a higher extent this spring, making him that much more of an asset during the season. Check out our thoughts on Pinto both positive and negative from earlier this offseason.
As the Twins continue to progress through the spring, make sure to stay tuned on the latest information to come from Florida.
More from Puckett's Pond
- Minnesota Twins: Does the MLB or the Twins have a Spending Problem?
- Minnesota Twins: 2 Possible Free Agent Reunions for 2023
- Minnesota Twins: Holiday Wish List for the rest of the Offseason
- Minnesota Twins: After signing with the Mets, Correa spurns Twins again
- Minnesota Twins: You Spin Me Right Round, Right Round