The Minnesota Twins are set with Paul Molitor as their manager heading into the 2015 season. Molitor is taking over for Ron Gardenhire and will usher in a new era in Twins baseball. With a ton of minor league talent ready to pave the way, those leading them will play an important role. We now know all of the minor league managers in the Twins organization.
More from Minnesota Twins News
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Twins’ Joey Gallo signing
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Christian Vazquez Signing
- Minnesota Twins: Twins jump into Top 5 in first MLB Draft Lottery
- Minnesota Twins: Byron Buxton wins 2022 Bob Feller Act of Valor Award
- Minnesota Twins: A Twins Homage to the Turkey of the Year Award
With the Chattanooga Lookouts just announcing that Doug Mientkiewicz will be the Double-A team’s manager, the last domino has fallen.
Looking at the organization as a whole, here is how the managerial breakdown will look:
Cedar Rapids Kernels- Jake Mauer
Fort Myers Miracle- Jeff Smith
Chattanooga Lookouts- Doug Mientkiewicz
Rochester Red Wings- Mike Quade
Jake Mauer stays in his former capacity while Jeff Smith and Doug Mientkiewicz switch spots. After winning the Florida State League Championship, Mientkiewicz sees a nice promotion while Smith will have big shoes to fill. Mike Quade comes over after being a roving instructor for the New York Yankees last season. The former Red Wings manager Gene Glynn, has been promoted to third base coach for the Twins.
With the full list of managerial candidates now being unveiled, it looks like the Twins will have plenty of strong leaders in place to usher in and instruct the upcoming talent.
More from Puckett's Pond
- Minnesota Twins: 2022 Year in Review for Twins Baseball
- Minnesota Twins: Making the Case for the Current 2023 Rotation
- Minnesota Twins: Does the MLB or the Twins have a Spending Problem?
- Minnesota Twins: 2 Possible Free Agent Reunions for 2023
- Minnesota Twins: Holiday Wish List for the rest of the Offseason