The Minnesota Twins have continually worked to round out Paul Molitor‘s coaching staff after naming him the next manager of the club. With a few coaches in place, only a couple of key roles remain. However, it appears that another former Twins player with join Mollie on the staff this year. Eddie Guardardo is expected to be announced as the team’s bullpen coach.
More from Minnesota Twins News
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Twins’ Joey Gallo signing
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Christian Vazquez Signing
- Minnesota Twins: Twins jump into Top 5 in first MLB Draft Lottery
- Minnesota Twins: Byron Buxton wins 2022 Bob Feller Act of Valor Award
- Minnesota Twins: A Twins Homage to the Turkey of the Year Award
The long time fan favorite, and Twins closer, Every Day Eddie will bring a significant amount of experience to the bullpen. Consistently involved in activities around Target Field and events like Twins fest, Eddie Guardado has never strayed too far from the organization.
Now LaVelle Neal is reporting that the news is expected to become official.
Guardado pitched for the Twins from 1993 to 2003 and once again for a short stint in 2008. In that time, he compiled 116 saves and a 7.8 strikeout per nine innings ratio.
With a group of young pitchers on the horizon, Eddie Guardado will be someone that the Twins can put faith in helping those arms develop.