“We’re not broke.We’re bent.”
General Manager Terry Ryan and Team President Dave St. Peter addressed concerns, took questions, and spent over an hour talking about the state of the organization during an active and somewhat contentious Town Hall conference call with season ticket holders Wednesday night. Star Tribune digital editor and MPR Host Howard Sinker live-tweeted the Town Hall and was gracious enough to share his updates with the readers of Puckett’s Pond. Here are some of the highlights from his live-tweeting. For the full coverage of the Town Hall, I encourage everyone to visit his Twitter page here.
More from Minnesota Twins News
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Twins’ Joey Gallo signing
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Christian Vazquez Signing
- Minnesota Twins: Twins jump into Top 5 in first MLB Draft Lottery
- Minnesota Twins: Byron Buxton wins 2022 Bob Feller Act of Valor Award
- Minnesota Twins: A Twins Homage to the Turkey of the Year Award
Regarding the termination of manager Ron Gardenhire:
Regarding retaining hitting coach Tom Brunansky (a topic close to my heart):
Participants were quick to bring up the hot topic; the status of the managerial search:
On what fans can expect from the Twins in regards to free agency this offseason:
Of course, the topic of Joe Mauer was brought up:
The topic of Terry Ryan’s own performance was brought up:
Final highlight of the Town Hall, the current state of the team & organization:
Again, these were just some of the highlights. I highly encourage you to visit Howard’s Twitter feed for additional updates from Ryan and St. Peter regarding roster, payroll, marketing, and ticket promotions. I found it to be highly informative. I will say that no matter how you feel about their answers to these topics and the others covered, credit Terry Ryan, Dave St. Peter, and the Twins organization for having the bravery to open themselves up to questions and comments. I don’t ever recall something like this taking place.
We at Puckett’s Pond will be covering a lot of these topics and more this offseason, so stay tuned!
Until next time….
More from Puckett's Pond
- Minnesota Twins: Making the Case for the Current 2023 Rotation
- Minnesota Twins: Does the MLB or the Twins have a Spending Problem?
- Minnesota Twins: 2 Possible Free Agent Reunions for 2023
- Minnesota Twins: Holiday Wish List for the rest of the Offseason
- Minnesota Twins: After signing with the Mets, Correa spurns Twins again