Another day, another round of the Minnesota Twins Web Gems here on Puckett’s Pond. We fly around the Fansided network and bring you the latest and greatest and everything that you need to know that has happened around the MLB in the last day or so. Without further commotion, let’s jump in.
- Sad news for the Blue Jays and baseball fans alike: Marcus Stroman has torn his ACL and will miss the entire 2015 season. Jays Journal has more on the huge blow to the Blue Birds.
- Hideki Matsui is back with the Yankees! Not as a player, but Matsui has returned to the Evil Empire as a special advisor to GM Brian Cashman. Yanks Go Yard tell us more about it.
- Across the border to the land of cheese and beer, the Milwaukee Brewers have made their first round of roster cuts. No huge names on the list, but the list is courtesy of our friends at Reviewing The Brew.
- Justin Masterson is off to a swell start with the Boston Red Sox. That is, of course, encouraging. Bosox Injection has more on the hotness.
- Remember when Twins fans really wanted Jarrod Saltalamacchia last season? Well, he’s still down in Miami and Marlin Maniac has the best case and the worst case scenarios for the catcher.
- Yesterday we mentioned how the A’s are a little injury ridden, so let’s go back and see what the A’s have learned from spring training so far. Swingin’ A’s has those lessons.
- The minor leaguers have just reported to camp for the Twins and cuts are not imminent for the club.
- New food is coming to Target Field. The Twins have brought in Barrio for a new bar in the ballpark.
I’m done. Enjoy the weather before it dips back into the 40’s next week and we start reminiscing about this week. Go Twins!
More from Puckett's Pond
- Minnesota Twins: 2022 Year in Review for Twins Baseball
- Minnesota Twins: Making the Case for the Current 2023 Rotation
- Minnesota Twins: Does the MLB or the Twins have a Spending Problem?
- Minnesota Twins: 2 Possible Free Agent Reunions for 2023
- Minnesota Twins: Holiday Wish List for the rest of the Offseason