The Minnesota Twins are now 2-2 in their Grapefruit League games to start the spring. Coming off of a win against the Baltimore Orioles a night ago, the Twins now head to McKechnie Field to take on the Pittsburgh Pirates.
More from Minnesota Twins News
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Twins’ Joey Gallo signing
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Christian Vazquez Signing
- Minnesota Twins: Twins jump into Top 5 in first MLB Draft Lottery
- Minnesota Twins: Byron Buxton wins 2022 Bob Feller Act of Valor Award
- Minnesota Twins: A Twins Homage to the Turkey of the Year Award
Outside of the opener against the Boston Red Sox, the Twins have been somewhat void of offense. Winning by a tally of two to one yesterday afternoon, it remains apparent that pitchers are still ahead of hitters in what is already a pitching dominated league. Today, the club with play both “A” and “B” games, with the Pirates representing the “A” game.
Here is how the Twins will take the field against Pittshburgh.
Minnesota Twins (2-2)
Brian Dozier 2B
Miguel Sano DH
Aaron Hicks CF
- It’s nice to see Brian Dozier back in the lineup for the Twins after being scratched a day ago due to injury.
- Miguel Sano will get the start at designated hitter, a spot that he will likely push for when he gets his eventual call up to the big leagues.
- Once again Josmil Pinto is not in the starting lineup for the Twins. He is nursing himself back to health from a quad strain.
First pitch is scheduled for 12:05 pm CT and can be heard on the Twins Radio Network.