The Minnesota Twins are set to take on the Minnesota Golden Gophers in an exhibition tonight prior to kicking off their Major League Baseball slate of games. The exhibition will take place at Hammond Stadium in Fort Myers, Florida.
More from Minnesota Twins News
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Twins’ Joey Gallo signing
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Christian Vazquez Signing
- Minnesota Twins: Twins jump into Top 5 in first MLB Draft Lottery
- Minnesota Twins: Byron Buxton wins 2022 Bob Feller Act of Valor Award
- Minnesota Twins: A Twins Homage to the Turkey of the Year Award
After just over a week of practices, the Twins are excited to get on the field for the first time under new manager, Paul Molitor. With all members of the 40 man roster, as well as a handful of non-roster invites, still in camp, the Twins have plenty of players at their disposal tonight.
Molitor has decided to go with quite a few big names against a Gophers team that is coming off of a three game sweep of Florida Gulf Coast University. Both Byron Buxton and Miguel Sano will get the start tonight for the Twins, after injury filled 2014 seasons.
Here is your first Minnesota Twins lineup of the season:
Minnesota Twins (0-0)
Byron Buxton CF
Miguel Sano 3B
- Jose Berrios SP
- Berrios gets the nod on the hill for the Twins. Looking to make another significant move through the system this season, he can start the momentum in the right direction tonight.
- Twins fans will get their first look at Eddie Rosario in the outfield tonight. He’s a dark horse for an early call up this season and is one of the Twins top prospects.
- Both Sano and Buxton being in a lineup for the Twins is pretty exciting.
- Shane Robinson gets his first opportunity at showing he can be a valuable asset as a fourth outfielder for the Twins.
First pitch is scheduled for 6:05 pm CST. The game can be seen on Fox Sports North Plus and heard on the Twins Radio Network.