Prior to the Twins embarking on Hammond Stadium in sunny Fort Myers for Spring Training 2015, there was a significant overhaul given to the stadium and grounds. While the Twins have called Fort Myers home for Spring Training and their Single-A affiliate the Miracle, the experience itself was a bit dated. Under the direction of Bill Smith, that is no longer the case.
More from Minnesota Twins News
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Twins’ Joey Gallo signing
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Christian Vazquez Signing
- Minnesota Twins: Twins jump into Top 5 in first MLB Draft Lottery
- Minnesota Twins: Byron Buxton wins 2022 Bob Feller Act of Valor Award
- Minnesota Twins: A Twins Homage to the Turkey of the Year Award
As beat writers boarded planes and headed down to Fort Myers to cover the Twins for the better part of the next month, they were quickly greeted by an impressive Hammond Stadium. Gone were the cramped and dingy feelings of the grounds and stadium walkways, and in its place was a top of the line stadium experience that could only be rivaled by Target Field itself.
Thanks to social media, plenty of them shared the walkthrough they were personally given by former Twins general manager Bill Smith. Take a look at what awaits you should you make the trip down to Spring Training over the course of the next month.