Last season, we watched as Clayton Kershaw snagged not only the National League Cy Young, but also took home the Most Valuable Player award as well. This season, there will almost assuredly be a few players that elevate their performance and emerge as favorites for awards at the end of the season. Major League Baseball award season gives us a chance to look back an remember their feats.
More from Minnesota Twins News
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Twins’ Joey Gallo signing
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Christian Vazquez Signing
- Minnesota Twins: Twins jump into Top 5 in first MLB Draft Lottery
- Minnesota Twins: Byron Buxton wins 2022 Bob Feller Act of Valor Award
- Minnesota Twins: A Twins Homage to the Turkey of the Year Award
The debate typically circles around whether or not a dominating pitcher should be considered for the Major League Baseball MVP award as well, due to having their own specific award. With the likelihood of Kershaw competing at the same level two years in a row seeming remote, we can probably distance ourselves from that discussion.
Looking ahead to who will be accepting hardware when the dust settles in 2015, there’s plenty of players that would seem likely candidates. Here’s who I see being left for each of the big three Major League Baseball awards when all is said and done.