Last season, the Minnesota Twins were amongst the best in Major League Baseball when it came getting runs across the plate. Unfortunately, they also gave up plenty in a season that led to another 90 losses. If the Twins are going to replicate their offensive success of a season ago, Minnesota will need new players to step up at the plate.
More from Minnesota Twins News
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Twins’ Joey Gallo signing
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Christian Vazquez Signing
- Minnesota Twins: Twins jump into Top 5 in first MLB Draft Lottery
- Minnesota Twins: Byron Buxton wins 2022 Bob Feller Act of Valor Award
- Minnesota Twins: A Twins Homage to the Turkey of the Year Award
In 2014, Brian Dozier paced the Twins as part of his breakout season, with 145 base hits. He was followed by Trevor Plouffe (134), and Kurt Suzuki (129). Heading into the 2015 season, you can expect some familiar names, and some new names to enter into the top five hit leaders on the club.
Looking at it from reverse order, here is who we expect to pace the Twins at the plate this season.