Positional Battles: Who’s In The Pen For The Twins
To wrap up our Positional Battles series, we want to take a look at where the Twins may have the hottest competition down in Fort Myers. Having added a couple of relievers with major league track records, as well as having plenty of in-house options. Neil Allen, Paul Molitor, and the Twins will have plenty to sort through.
More from Minnesota Twins News
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Twins’ Joey Gallo signing
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Christian Vazquez Signing
- Minnesota Twins: Twins jump into Top 5 in first MLB Draft Lottery
- Minnesota Twins: Byron Buxton wins 2022 Bob Feller Act of Valor Award
- Minnesota Twins: A Twins Homage to the Turkey of the Year Award
Although fans may be hoping for a different scenario, the Twins will look to use bullpen spots for those guys who are going to be put in the best position to not only help the club, but to succeed in the role long-term as well. Alex Meyer could conceivably get a crack at the pen, but his role of starter won’t be diminished through a forced relief addition.
Operating under the belief that Glen Perkins, Casey Fien, and Brian Duensing there’s likely just four open spots left in the seven man bullpen.
Now, who lays claim to them?