Delmon Young Re-Signs With the Baltimore Orioles
Our friend Delmon Young has re-signed with the Baltimore Orioles. Not a shocking development as Buck Showalter is a great manager and knows when to use Delmon, since Delmon is not good enough to be a full-time player in the MLB.
Delmon like every marginal player was looking for a two-year deal, but settled for a one-year deal.
Young is now a platoon player and virtually only faces left handed pitching. Young can rake against those pitchers.
More from Puckett's Pond
- Minnesota Twins: 2022 Year in Review for Twins Baseball
- Minnesota Twins: Making the Case for the Current 2023 Rotation
- Minnesota Twins: Does the MLB or the Twins have a Spending Problem?
- Minnesota Twins: 2 Possible Free Agent Reunions for 2023
- Minnesota Twins: Holiday Wish List for the rest of the Offseason
It will always amaze me the success that Delmon has found in the playoffs. He was one of the best players on the stacked Detroit Tigers of a couple years ago and was a huge cog in the Orioles first round success last season.
Sadly, Delmon will be remembered here for being a young guy that under performed. He’ll nationally be remembered as the guy who threw a bat at an umpire.
This was not the way Delmon’s career was supposed to go, but he’s getting paid money to play baseball so life can’t be all that bad.