Minnesota Twins’ Terry Ryan Not Leaving For Toronto Blue Jays
On Sunday, it was discussed that the Toronto Blue Jays might be aiming for current Minnesota Twins GM Terry Ryan as the team’s new President/CEO. Mike Berardino has dug in deeper and gotten quotes from Ryan himself about the possibility.
It’s the typical talk that we all expected. Basically it’s all the things that Terry Ryan needs to say, even if he was considering jumping ship, but it does seem like true sentiments from the long-time Twins employee.
His heart does seem to be with the Minnesota Twins. No one can seem to lockdown the contract Ryan has and it is widely believed that Ryan has a lifetime, handshake deal with the Pohlads. Ryan would not get that deal anywhere else. I don’t know if anybody would get that deal from anyone else.
That deal makes the talk of any firing by the Pohlads as completely futile. Like it or not, Terry Ryan is at the helm of the organization for a long, long time or at least until Ryan doesn’t want to do it anymore. Hopefully the second replacement won’t be the second coming of Bill Smith.
Poor Bill Smith. He’ll be a punching bag for years and years.
More from Puckett's Pond
- Minnesota Twins: 2022 Year in Review for Twins Baseball
- Minnesota Twins: Making the Case for the Current 2023 Rotation
- Minnesota Twins: Does the MLB or the Twins have a Spending Problem?
- Minnesota Twins: 2 Possible Free Agent Reunions for 2023
- Minnesota Twins: Holiday Wish List for the rest of the Offseason