The Minnesota Twins have continued to round out their staff in lieu of naming Paul Molitor their next manager. After naming Tom Brunansky as their hitting coach, and Gene Glynn as the team’s new third base coach, Minnesota has added their first Latin speaking coach to the group. Rudy Hernandez has been promoted to assistant hitting coach for the Twins.
More from Minnesota Twins News
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Twins’ Joey Gallo signing
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Christian Vazquez Signing
- Minnesota Twins: Twins jump into Top 5 in first MLB Draft Lottery
- Minnesota Twins: Byron Buxton wins 2022 Bob Feller Act of Valor Award
- Minnesota Twins: A Twins Homage to the Turkey of the Year Award
Hernandez is no stranger to the Twins organization having been involved for the past 14 years. He served last season with the Gulf Coast League Twins and is currently the bench coach for the Venezuelan Winter League team that both Yohan Pino and Eduardo Escobar are playing for.
The biggest piece of note with Rudy Hernandez is that he can speak Spanish and will allow a roster that will feature some young Latin players, someone to relate to. Communication will be much easier for the Twins coaching staff with Hernandez in the fold.
The Twins are still searching for their next pitching coach as well as having not yet named a bench or first base coach.