The Major League Baseball free agency period has officially gotten underway, and the Twins have already been active in the early going. Looking first for pitching, and then focusing on outfield help, Minnesota will be looking to make a couple of key additions. One of them could come in the form of a familiar face, Torii Hunter.
More from Minnesota Twins News
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Twins’ Joey Gallo signing
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Christian Vazquez Signing
- Minnesota Twins: Twins jump into Top 5 in first MLB Draft Lottery
- Minnesota Twins: Byron Buxton wins 2022 Bob Feller Act of Valor Award
- Minnesota Twins: A Twins Homage to the Turkey of the Year Award
As a surprise to no one, the Twins have reached out to their former fan favorite. Darren Wolfson of 1500 ESPN is reporting that the club has in fact contacted Torii Hunter.
At this point, Torii doesn’t seem to be much more than a forced fit or an ode to the fan base. He doesn’t project as a typical left fielder, but would likely play the position for the Twins anyways. At the tail end of his career, the thought would that he would be looking to join a postseason bound team as well.
Should Hunter not find any offers from teams that look capable of going deep into October, he could decide to return to familiar territory and come back to Minnesota.
Look for the Twins to continue to stay active as the market is just beginning to heat up.