Here at Puckett’s Pond, we like to battle through the AL Central. It is of course in our best interest to watch as the Minnesota Twins run rampant through the divisional competition. This season however, was not the Twins year, but another AL Central opponent is playing their biggest game in 29 years.
More from Minnesota Twins News
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Twins’ Joey Gallo signing
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Christian Vazquez Signing
- Minnesota Twins: Twins jump into Top 5 in first MLB Draft Lottery
- Minnesota Twins: Byron Buxton wins 2022 Bob Feller Act of Valor Award
- Minnesota Twins: A Twins Homage to the Turkey of the Year Award
Minnesota played the Royals strong this season, and actually led the season series until some late matchups turned the tides. Now, Kansas City finds themselves in the midst of a game 7, winner take all, and they are at home.
The Twins know Kauffman Stadium and the Royals well. This season, they got hot at the right time, and throughout the playoffs, have continued to prove why they are amongst baseball’s best.
As the San Francisco Giants take the field tonight, here’s to hoping for a quick 1-2-3 inning from Guthrie, and a crooked number to getting the momentum flowing.
If you can’t beat the best, at least the Twins and Puckett’s Pond can say they’ve played with the best. Go enjoy your destined moment Royals, go Claim The Crown.
And hey, who wouldn’t like to see Josh Willingham get a ring.