More from Minnesota Twins News
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Twins’ Joey Gallo signing
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Christian Vazquez Signing
- Minnesota Twins: Twins jump into Top 5 in first MLB Draft Lottery
- Minnesota Twins: Byron Buxton wins 2022 Bob Feller Act of Valor Award
- Minnesota Twins: A Twins Homage to the Turkey of the Year Award
It had also been recently reported possible candidate John Russell had still not been invited to interview.
With candidate Chip Hale accepting the Arizona Diamondbacks manager position along with the news today, it’s looking more and more like the finalists for Twins manager are Paul Molitor, Doug Mientkiewicz, and Torey Lovullo. Wolfson reported late last week that Lovullo “nailed his interview”, and Molitor reportedly is scheduled to come in for a 2nd interview on Tuesday. Mientkiewicz spent 4 days with the team last week in Fort Myers for organizational meetings. It is unknown whether his candidacy was discussed again during that time or not.
As the lone team without a manager, the process appears to be coming closer to a decision. Check in with Puckett’s Pond for updates as they should arise.
Until next time…