Here we are, now having crossed the 90 loss threshold again, the Twins are looking at Sunday as an end to the bleeding that is the 2014 baseball season. After dropping last night’s game to Josh Collmenter, the Twins will be turning the ball over to Kyle Gibson to get them a win.
More from Minnesota Twins News
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Twins’ Joey Gallo signing
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Christian Vazquez Signing
- Minnesota Twins: Twins jump into Top 5 in first MLB Draft Lottery
- Minnesota Twins: Byron Buxton wins 2022 Bob Feller Act of Valor Award
- Minnesota Twins: A Twins Homage to the Turkey of the Year Award
Andrew Chafin will be pitching for the Diamondbacks, and the Twins will look to make sure they have an opportunity to take the series in the final game tomorrow.
Here is how both teams will line up:
Arizona Diamondbacks (63-94) Lineup
Ender Inciarte(L) LF
A.J. Pollock(R) CF
Jake Lamb(L) 3B
Mark Trumbo(R) 1B
Miguel Montero(L) DH
Chris Owings(R) 2B
Didi Gregorius(L) SS
Tuffy Gosewisch(R) C
- Andrew Chafin(L) P
Minnesota Twins (66-90) Lineup
Jordan Schafer(L) LF
Brian Dozier(R) 2B
Joe Mauer(L) 1B
Trevor Plouffe(R) DH
Oswaldo Arcia(L) RF
Josmil Pinto(R) C
Eduardo Nunez(R) 3B
Aaron Hicks(R) CF
Eduardo Escobar(S) SS
- Kyle Gibson (R) P
- Mauer is back in the lineup tonight, along with Brian Dozier.
- Danny Santana and Kennys Vargas will both get a day off today as they are in the midst of minor slumps and the season is coming to a close.
- Josmil Pinto makes an entrance into the Twins lineup.
- While both the Diamondback and Twins are poor teams, how sad does Arizona look on paper?
First pitch is scheduled for 7:10 Central from beautiful Target Field in downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota.
The game can be seen on FOX Sports North and heard across the Twins Radio Network.