The Minnesota Twins are set to welcome the Detroit Tigers to Target Field tonight in the first game of a three game series. Fresh off losing a series against the Chicago White Sox, the Twins will look to get back to the win column. Tonight, Minnesota will send Anthony Swarzak to the mound to oppose the Tigers Max Scherzer.
More from Minnesota Twins News
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Twins’ Joey Gallo signing
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Christian Vazquez Signing
- Minnesota Twins: Twins jump into Top 5 in first MLB Draft Lottery
- Minnesota Twins: Byron Buxton wins 2022 Bob Feller Act of Valor Award
- Minnesota Twins: A Twins Homage to the Turkey of the Year Award
The offense will need to break out against Scherzer, as the dominating strikeout pitcher poses a significant challenge.
Here is how each team is set to line up:
Detroit Tigers (83-66)
Torii Hunter RF
Rajai Davis CF
- Max Scherzer SP
Minnesota Twins (63-86)
Brian Dozier 2B
Joe Mauer 1B
- Anthony Swarzak P
- Does it bother anyone else that Aaron Hicks is not a must start? The Twins are likely going to be looking at him for the LF spot next year, why not continue to find out what he can do.
- The increased ability at the plate from Oswaldo Arcia has been nice to see, Tom Brunansky should be commended for that job.
- Trevor Plouffe has also done a nice job contributing the last few months, the Twins have to be excited about that.
- How crazy is it that the Tigers have played so well with guys like Austin Romine filling in for the injured Jose Iglesias all year?
First pitch tonight is scheduled for 7:10 pm from Target Field. The game can be seen on Fox Sports North and heard on the Twins Radio Network.