The Minnesota Twins are coming off a four game sweep at the hands of the Los Angeles Angels. While the Angels are one of the best teams in the baseball, the Twins could very well lose their 90th game in the next two weeks. Tonight, they will take on the Cleveland Indians in the first of a three game series.
More from Minnesota Twins News
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Twins’ Joey Gallo signing
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Christian Vazquez Signing
- Minnesota Twins: Twins jump into Top 5 in first MLB Draft Lottery
- Minnesota Twins: Byron Buxton wins 2022 Bob Feller Act of Valor Award
- Minnesota Twins: A Twins Homage to the Turkey of the Year Award
In game one tonight, the Twins will send Trevor May to the mound. Fresh off his first major league win, May will be opposed by Trevor Bauer of the Indians.
Here is how each team will line up:
Minnesota Twins (61-82)
Jordan Schafer LF
Brian Dozier 2B
Joe Mauer 1B
Kennys Vargas DH
Trevor Plouffe 3B
Oswaldo Arcia RF
Kurt Suzuki C
Eduardo Escobar SS
Aaron Hicks CF
- SP Trevor May RHP
Cleveland Indians (74-68)
Michael Bourn CF
Jose Ramirez SS
Michael Brantley LF
Carlos Santana 1B
Yan Gomes C
David Murphy RF
Zach Walters DH
- SP Trevor Bauer RHP
- Jordan Schafer leads off tonight for the Twins as Danny Santana is not in the lineup. He has apparently mentioned having some stiffness and could be available off the bench.
- Aaron Hicks is in center field tonight, I love it, let him keep auditioning.
- The rest of the Twins lineup is pretty chalk.
- Have to get a win tonight and stop the bleeding, we are approaching 90 wins way too quickly.
First pitch tonight from Progressive Field is scheduled for 7:05 pm central time and can be seen on Fox Sports North. Should you want to listen to the game on the radio, catch it on the Twins Radio Network.