Minnesota Twins Daily Dip, January 16th, 2018
Welcome to the January 16th edition of the Daily Dip, your daily piece of news and notes here on Puckett’s Pond, offseason edition. You’ll find the most recent news of the Minnesota Twins organization, stories from around the game, and links to any information you may want to know about the Minnesota Twins or baseball as we work our way through the hot stove season!
Minnesota Twins Organizational Scores
Australian Baseball League Update
The ABL is off until Thursday.
Dominican Winter League Update
None of the Twins reps in the Dominican played on Monday.
Puerto Rican Winter League Update
The Puerto Rican Winter League is off until Thursday.
Venezuelan Winter League Update
Caribes de Anzoategui defeated Leones del Caracas 5-0 on Monday. Gregorio Petit played shortstop for Leones, going 0-2 with a walk.
Willians Astudillo got the start in left field for the Caribes. He went 1-4 with an RBI.
Minnesota Twins news and notes
Twins launch Winter Caravan
The Minnesota Twins took to the road on their annual Winter Caravan today, beginning their path toward spring training in Fort Myers.
More from Puckett's Pond
- Minnesota Twins: 2022 Year in Review for Twins Baseball
- Minnesota Twins: Making the Case for the Current 2023 Rotation
- Minnesota Twins: Does the MLB or the Twins have a Spending Problem?
- Minnesota Twins: 2 Possible Free Agent Reunions for 2023
- Minnesota Twins: Holiday Wish List for the rest of the Offseason
Notes from around baseball
- Giants acquire McCutchen
- Pros and cons of 6 moves
- Blue Jays sign Granderson
- Yadi plans to retire after 2020
- McCutchen tweets goodbye to Pirates fans
- Kendrick and Nationals re-up for 2 years
- The precedence of MVP trades
- Giants excited to get Cutch
- Barons plan tribute to MLK on jerseys this season
- Kipnis makes friends with an iguana
- Pirates/Rivero agree to 4-year deal
- Hoskins enjoying role as face of Phillies
- Cards likely done making major moves
One Last Thing
On this day in 2001, two former Minnesota Twins teammates got the call for election to the Hall of Fame. Dave Winfield and Kirby Puckett played together for two years with the Twins in 1993 and 1994. Both were in their first year of eligibility. They were the fourth pair of teammates to have been elected in the same election class.