Minnesota Twins Daily Morning Dip – New Year, No Movement!
Minnesota Twins Daily Dip, December 31st, 2017
Welcome to the December 31st edition of the Daily Dip, your daily piece of news and notes here on Puckett’s Pond, offseason edition. You’ll find the most recent news of the Minnesota Twins organization, stories from around the game, and links to any information you may want to know about the Minnesota Twins or baseball as we work our way through the hot stove season!
Minnesota Twins Organizational Scores
Australian Baseball League Update
The ABL is off until the weekend.
Dominican Winter League Update
None of the Twins’ participants in the DWL played on Tuesday evening.
Venezuelan Winter League Update
Willians Astudillo was in left field as Caribes de Anzoategui opened the playoffs with a win over Navegantes del Magallanes. Astudillo went 2-4 with 2 RBI and struck out.
Gregorio Petit got the start at shortstop for Leones del Caracas in their playoff opener, a win over Tigres de Aragua. Petit went 1-4 with a run and an RBI while also striking out once.
Minnesota Twins news and notes
Twins look to build on success in 2018
The Twins have been adding small pieces and intend to see growth from their youth to see improvement in 2018, even though they’re still in the market for even more improvements.
Leo promoted to head trainer
In a collection of moves announced on Tuesday, the Twins announced Tony Leo will be promoted to head athletic trainer, while the team added two new assistant trainers. The article also highlights a number of other hires within the training and strength and conditioning departments.
More from Puckett's Pond
- Minnesota Twins: 2022 Year in Review for Twins Baseball
- Minnesota Twins: Making the Case for the Current 2023 Rotation
- Minnesota Twins: Does the MLB or the Twins have a Spending Problem?
- Minnesota Twins: 2 Possible Free Agent Reunions for 2023
- Minnesota Twins: Holiday Wish List for the rest of the Offseason
Notes from around baseball
- Hosmer, Donaldson on Cardinals radar
- Altuve struggles with stickball
- Former Little League World Series participant now in CFB final
- Quintana example of consistency
- Sluggers ready to launch
- Red Sox make offer to Martinez
- Manager role has changed
- Moyer’s HOF case
- Davis benefitted from shift to ‘pen
- Prior to be Dodgers bullpen coach
- Milestones players could hit in 2018
- Alvarez discusses role with Athletics
- Wood’s HOF case
Next: Should the Twins continue pursuing relievers?
One Last Thing
The movement of the free agent market this offseason has not been slow for just the Minnesota Twins. It’s been slow for everyone, as evidenced by this pair of tweets from MLB.com’s Cut4 guys on the Cespedes Family BBQ Twitter handle: