Minnesota Twins Game Grades: Both Split Squads Win
The Minnesota Twins won both split squad games this afternoon
More from Puckett's Pond
- Minnesota Twins: 2022 Year in Review for Twins Baseball
- Minnesota Twins: Making the Case for the Current 2023 Rotation
- Minnesota Twins: Does the MLB or the Twins have a Spending Problem?
- Minnesota Twins: 2 Possible Free Agent Reunions for 2023
- Minnesota Twins: Holiday Wish List for the rest of the Offseason
Half of the Minnesota Twins’ roster played at home against the Orioles and the other half travelled to Clearwater to play the Phillies this afternoon. Both squads came away with a win. They beat the Orioles 5-1 and the Phillies 7-5. The Twins are back to two games over .500 on the spring. We’ll begin with the Orioles game.
Logan Darnell started for the Twins at CenturyLink. He went 2 innings, allowed no runs, no walks/hits and struck out 2. Brandon Kintzler took over and allowed a run in the third inning. Buddy Boshers handled the 5th and 6th allowing a walk, a hit, no runs and struck out 1. Michael Tonkin put up two scoreless innings of relief with no walks/hits and a strikeout. It was an encouraging outing for him after struggling mightily this spring. Aaron Thompson too has had a rough spring but also had a positive day with a clean 9th inning.
Offensively, the Twins got on the board first with a two run shot from Joe Mauer in the bottom of one. Oswaldo Arcia doubled home Carlos Quentin in the 4th and Trevor Plouffe hit a two run homer in the 5th.
Next: Split Squad vs Phillies