The Minnesota Twins win against Red Sox this afternoon
More from Puckett's Pond
- Minnesota Twins: Series Postponed after Police Shooting of Daunte Wright
- Minnesota Twins: Puckett’s Pond Podcast and an Up and Down Week 2
- Minnesota Twins: Pitching Changes Already Paying Dividends
- Minnesota Twins: Two veterans looking for comeback seasons in 2021
- Minnesota Twins Sunday Wrap-Up: Closing Out the Spring Training
The Minnesota Twins improved their record to 9-7 in spring action with a 8-6 win over the Red Sox this afternoon. Tyler Duffey started for the Twins and went 4 innings. He allowed 1 earned run, 5 hits, walked none and struck out 2.
The Red Sox got on the board first with an RBI groundout off Duffey in the 1st inning.
Joe Mauer singled home Ryan Sweeney in the 7th to make it 4-2.
Casey Fien was touched for 4 earned runs in the bottom of the 7th to put Boston ahead 6-4. He allowed a 3 run home run and an RBI single.
The Twins fought back and responded with 4 runs of their own in the 8th. Buck Britton hit a 2 run double and Joe Mauer hit a 2 run home run. It would be enough to secure the win
The Twins will face the Pittsburgh Pirates tomorrow afternoon at McKechnie Field. First pitch is at 12:05 CST. Tommy Milone will get the start.