The Minnesota Twins win against Red Sox this afternoon
More from Puckett's Pond
- Minnesota Twins: Comeback win over the Royals shows this team is legit
- Minnesota Twins: Royce Lewis has earned an everyday role in the Majors
- Minnesota Twins: Now is the Time for the Twins to Make a Move!
- Minnesota Twins: Injury Woes Continue, leading to Mark Contreras Call-Up
- Minnesota Twins: How will Royce Lewis fare in his first MLB shot?
The Minnesota Twins improved their record to 9-7 in spring action with a 8-6 win over the Red Sox this afternoon. Tyler Duffey started for the Twins and went 4 innings. He allowed 1 earned run, 5 hits, walked none and struck out 2.
The Red Sox got on the board first with an RBI groundout off Duffey in the 1st inning.
Joe Mauer singled home Ryan Sweeney in the 7th to make it 4-2.
Casey Fien was touched for 4 earned runs in the bottom of the 7th to put Boston ahead 6-4. He allowed a 3 run home run and an RBI single.
The Twins fought back and responded with 4 runs of their own in the 8th. Buck Britton hit a 2 run double and Joe Mauer hit a 2 run home run. It would be enough to secure the win
The Twins will face the Pittsburgh Pirates tomorrow afternoon at McKechnie Field. First pitch is at 12:05 CST. Tommy Milone will get the start.