During the last few weeks of the season, Torii Hunter awarded his teammates for their dancing skills or lack of skills in the clubhouse. After every Twins win this year Torii Hunter led the team in a dance party. Sparking the phrase, “we win, we dance” to appear on the scoreboards in Target Field. #DanceParty and #WeWinWeDance commonly showed up on Twitter after Twins wins.
The Twins have finally posted a video of “The Torii Awards.”
Brian Dozier, Trevor Plouffe, Eduardo Escobar, and Eddie Rosario, just to name a few, won awards.
The best dancer award went to Shane Robinson. He must have some sweet moves or have absolutely no shame because he does not seem like a guy who would kill it on the dance floor. As Torii Hunter’s Instagram post shows, I would be wrong.
It has been a fun year and the dancing became contagious. “The Torii Awards” puts a lid on the 2015 Minnesota Twins season.
More from Puckett's Pond
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Twins’ Joey Gallo signing
- Minnesota Twins: 4 Possible Trade Chips not named Kepler or Arraez
- Minnesota Twins: After missing out on Correa, what comes next?
- Minnesota Twins: Free Agency should be Ace or Bust for the Rotation
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Christian Vazquez Signing