The Minnesota Twins have won four straight games and are currently 1.5 games back of the Texas Rangers for the second Wild Card spot in the American League. Their four-game winning streak is the longest in the American League.
After sweeping the Baltimore Orioles the Twins travel south to take on the Tampa Bay Rays at Tropicana Field. The Rays are currently 2.5 games back of the Rangers for the second Wild Card spot.
Three Players to Watch
Aug 15, 2015; Minneapolis, MN, USA; Minnesota Twins starting pitcher Tyler Duffey (56) looks on before delivering a pitch in the fourth inning against the Cleveland Indians at Target Field. Mandatory Credit: Jesse Johnson-USA TODAY Sports
- Ervin Santana will get the start in the series opener tonight. Santana has recorded just one quality start in his last five starts. In his last seven starts he’s 2-4 with a 5.40 earned run average. With just over a month remaining in the season the Twins need Santana to get back on track.
- Miguel Sano is swinging a hot bat. In the last seven games the young slugger is hitting .321 with four home runs and nine RBIs. In the middle of a playoff race Sano is playing like a five-year veteran. In Baltimore he hit two home runs and drove in five runs. How many home runs will he hit in this series?
- Tyler Duffey has recorded back-to-back quality starts after getting rocked against the Blue Jays in his first career start. Duffey’s given up just two earned runs in his last two starts, including a six inning shutout against the Indians.
More from Puckett's Pond
- Minnesota Twins: 2022 Year in Review for Twins Baseball
- Minnesota Twins: Making the Case for the Current 2023 Rotation
- Minnesota Twins: Does the MLB or the Twins have a Spending Problem?
- Minnesota Twins: 2 Possible Free Agent Reunions for 2023
- Minnesota Twins: Holiday Wish List for the rest of the Offseason