Twins Uprising is a weekly article that takes a look at how the top four prospects are performing in the Minors for the Minnesota Twins.
1. Byron Buxton started his rehab assignment in Triple-A Rochester Friday. In his first game back from a thumb injury, Buxton went 3-5 with a run and an RBI. In his next game he went 1-3 with a run and a stolen base. Twins fans are struggling to stay positive, but it’s exciting to see Buxton back on the diamond.
2. Jose Berrios was lights out in his latest start for Triple-A Rochester. He pitched seven scoreless innings and recorded nine strikeouts. Berrios has now recorded five straight quality starts for the Red Wings.
3. Jorge Polanco reached base in every game this week in Double-A. His batting average may not reflect that as he hit .227 with a home run and three RBIs. Polanco’s bat is not whats keeping him from the show, its his glove. Once Polanco cleans up the errors he will be in the Twins lineup.
4. Tyler Jay had his best week of his big league career. The Twins 2015 first round draft pick made two appearances this week for the Fort Meyers Miracle and pitched two scoreless innings and recorded four strikeouts.
More from Puckett's Pond
- Minnesota Twins: 2022 Year in Review for Twins Baseball
- Minnesota Twins: Making the Case for the Current 2023 Rotation
- Minnesota Twins: Does the MLB or the Twins have a Spending Problem?
- Minnesota Twins: 2 Possible Free Agent Reunions for 2023
- Minnesota Twins: Holiday Wish List for the rest of the Offseason