Twins Uprising is a weekly article that takes a look at how the top four Minnesota Twins prospects are performing in the minors.
1. Jose Berrios picked up his second win in Triple-A. The Twins future ace pitched six innings and gave up one run on five hits and recorded eight strikeouts.
2. Tyler Jay made two appearances out of the bullpen for Fort Meyers Miracle. The Twins first-round pick pitched 1.2 innings and gave up one run and recorded one strikeout. He’s 0-1 on the year with a 7.56 earned run average.
3. Jorge Polanco has had a busy week. He’s played a game at three different levels. He started the week in Triple-A. He then played two games at the big league level when Trevor Plouffe was placed on paternity leave. Now he finds himself back in Double-A where he started the season. In two games with the Twins he went 2-6 with one RBI. In his first game back with the Chattanooga Lookouts Polanco picked up a bit and drove in a run.
4. Nick Gordon has cooled off at the plate. This week he hit .222 with one RBI. However he reached base every game this week. The shortstop continues to develop at the plate and looks to have the makings of being the Twins future starting shortstop.
More from Puckett's Pond
- Minnesota Twins: 2022 Year in Review for Twins Baseball
- Minnesota Twins: Making the Case for the Current 2023 Rotation
- Minnesota Twins: Does the MLB or the Twins have a Spending Problem?
- Minnesota Twins: 2 Possible Free Agent Reunions for 2023
- Minnesota Twins: Holiday Wish List for the rest of the Offseason