Twins Uprising is a weekly article that takes a look at how the Top four Minnesota Twins prospects are performing in the minors.
1. Remember when Alex Meyer was untouchable when he first moved to the bullpen? Since making his big league debut and struggling in two performances before getting sent back down, Meyer has struggled to regain that moxy. In three appearances this week Meyer gave up three earned runs and eight hits. Don’t be surprised if Meyer is a possible trade chip at the deadline.
2. For the second straight year Jose Berrios will pitch in the Futures All-Star Game. Jonathan Mayo, MLBPiple.com reporter believes Berrios has the best curve and changeup on the World team. The game takes place today at 3 p.m. eastern time.
3. Nick Gordon is currently on an 11-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is hitting .333 with six RBIs and five stolen bases. The 2014 first round pick continues to show improvement at the plate and could add a little power as he continues to develop.
4. Kohl Stewart is another name to watch as the trade deadline approaches. The Twins have a plethora of talented young pitchers in their system and Stewart could be a candidate to get traded. Stewart had two quality starts this week for Class-A Advanced Fort Meyers. He pitched seven innings and gave up two runs on five hits, while striking out six on Sunday. Yesterday he pitched seven innings again and gave up just one run on seven hits.
More from Puckett's Pond
- Minnesota Twins: 4 Possible Trade Chips not named Kepler or Arraez
- Minnesota Twins: After missing out on Correa, what comes next?
- Minnesota Twins: Free Agency should be Ace or Bust for the Rotation
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Christian Vazquez Signing
- Minnesota Twins: Could A.J. Pollock be a good fit in Minnesota?