Minnesota Twins promote Jose Berrios to Triple-A
The Minnesota Twins have promoted starting pitcher, Jose Berrios to Triple-A. The Twins number four prospect went 8-3 in 15 starts for Double-A Chattanooga.
Berrios made one start at the Triple-A level last year and had nothing to more to prove at the Double-A level. His eight wins led the Southern League and he was tied for the league lead in strikeouts with 92.
Berrios has the tools to be the future ace in the Twins starting rotation. He has a fastball that regularly hits 96. His curveball is a knee buckler. He is confident in his stuff and is poised on the mound. There was talk during spring training that Berrios had the best stuff among Twins pitchers.
Berrios will play in the Futures game for the second straight year. He started last year’s game at Target Field.
The Twins currently have a logjam of starting pitchers and they won’t rush Berrios to the big league level. He will likely make his big league debut at some point later this season when the roster expands, but it will likely be as a reliever.
There is a lot of excitement surrounding Byron Buxton and Miguel Sano, but Twins fans should be excited about this young flamethrower.
More from Puckett's Pond
- Minnesota Twins: 2022 Year in Review for Twins Baseball
- Minnesota Twins: Making the Case for the Current 2023 Rotation
- Minnesota Twins: Does the MLB or the Twins have a Spending Problem?
- Minnesota Twins: 2 Possible Free Agent Reunions for 2023
- Minnesota Twins: Holiday Wish List for the rest of the Offseason