Adam Brett Walker II Participating in the Southern League Home Run Derby
It’s no surprise that Adam Brett Walker II will be participating in the Southern League All-Star Game Home Run Derby that will take place tonight. Walker has power for days and carries a big bat.
Walker, the Twins number 12 rated prospect is just one of many top Twins prospects playing for the Chattanooga Lookouts. Walker was drafted in the third round of the 2012 draft. He has played in three leagues since being drafted and he led or tied for the league lead in home runs each year.
Walker is currently playing in Double-A and leads the Southern League in home runs with 19. The next person in line has 13 home runs, including the Twins number two prospect and fellow Lookouts teammate, Miguel Sano.
Walker not only leads the Southern League in home runs, he also leads the league in RBIs and slugging percentage.
Why isn’t Walker’s power bat in the Twins lineup? Walker strikes out an alarming rate. He leads the Southern League in strikeouts with 101. He’s also a work in progress on defense.
If Walker can cut down on his strikeouts and develop into a better outfielder his power will find a place in the Twins lineup.
More from Puckett's Pond
- Minnesota Twins: Making the Case for the Current 2023 Rotation
- Minnesota Twins: Does the MLB or the Twins have a Spending Problem?
- Minnesota Twins: 2 Possible Free Agent Reunions for 2023
- Minnesota Twins: Holiday Wish List for the rest of the Offseason
- Minnesota Twins: After signing with the Mets, Correa spurns Twins again