It was a good week for a pair of Chattanooga Lookouts. Lookouts outfielder, Max Kepler was named Southern League Player of the Week for the second time this season. Kepler’s teammate, Alex Wimmers was named the Minnesota Twins Minor League Player of the Week.
Kepler went 14-22 last week collecting four triples and four RBIs. He is now hitting .332 this season for the Lookouts. Mad Max can play all three outfield positions and has played some first base.
The outfielder is Twins number 14 rated prospect and could be promoted to Triple-A real soon if he continues to dominant Double-A pitching. His development and growth has been fun to watch.
Lookouts starting pitcher, Alex Wimmers made two starts this past week. He picked up wins in both outings and gave up just five hits while striking out 20.
In his first start Wimmers pitched 7.2 innings and gave up two hits and recorded nine strikeouts. In his second start he gave up three hits and recorded 11 strikeouts.
Wimmers has now given up zero runs during his last three starts for the Lookouts. He also pitched seven or more innings in all three of those starts. It’s safe to say that Wimmers is on a roll.
More from Puckett's Pond
- Minnesota Twins: 2022 Year in Review for Twins Baseball
- Minnesota Twins: Making the Case for the Current 2023 Rotation
- Minnesota Twins: Does the MLB or the Twins have a Spending Problem?
- Minnesota Twins: 2 Possible Free Agent Reunions for 2023
- Minnesota Twins: Holiday Wish List for the rest of the Offseason