Twins Uprising: Nick Gordon Starting to Heat Up
Twins Uprising is a weekly article that takes a look at how the top four Minnesota Twins prospects are performing in the minors.
1. It’s been a year of transition for the Twins with a number of prospects making their big league debut. Miguel Sano, the slugging third baseman could be the next prospect to get the call. Sano didn’t have his best week hitting just .150 with one home run. The Twins should feel no pressure to rush Sano with Trevor Plouffe performing well at third base. If and when Sano makes his big league debut it may be as the designated hitter.
2. Alex Meyer made one relief appearance for the Rochester Red Wings this week. He pitched four innings giving up four hits and striking out two batters. In seven relief appearances Meyer has given up just one run.
3. Jose Berrios got a no decision in his lone start this week. The hard-throwing pitcher worked five innings and gave up three runs on five hits. He’s 7-3 on the season with a 3.23 earned run average. The Southern League leader in strikeouts has recorded just nine strikeouts in his past three starts.
4. Nick Gordon had maybe his best week of the season for the Cedar Rapid Kernels. Gordon hit .318 with three RBIs. The young shortstop is not hitting .289 on the season.
More from Puckett's Pond
- Minnesota Twins: 2022 Year in Review for Twins Baseball
- Minnesota Twins: Making the Case for the Current 2023 Rotation
- Minnesota Twins: Does the MLB or the Twins have a Spending Problem?
- Minnesota Twins: 2 Possible Free Agent Reunions for 2023
- Minnesota Twins: Holiday Wish List for the rest of the Offseason