Twins Uprising is a weekly article that takes a look at how the Minnesota Twins top four prospects are producing in the minor leagues.
Byron Buxton is no longer in the minor leagues for the Twins. With Buxton now roaming center field for the Twins, Nick Gordon will take his spot in the top four.
1. Miguel Sano hit his 11th home run on the season this week. The power hitter went 6-20 this week with a home run and four runs batted in. The power is great, the 10 strikeouts not so much. Now that Buxton got the call the question now becomes when will Sano get the call-up to the big leagues?
2. Alex Meyer made three relief appearances out of the bullpen this week for the Rochester Red Wings. He worked three scoreless innings in his first appearance. During his second appearance of the week he gave up his first run since his move to the bullpen. On Friday, Meyer worked another three scoreless innings while striking out five batters. If Meyer continues to impress out of the bullpen, he may be joining Buxton in the big leagues real soon.
3. Jose Berrios picked up his seventh win of the season this week for the Chattanooga Lookouts. He worked 6.1 innings, giving up two earned runs and striking out five.
4. Welcome to the list, Nick Gordon. Gordon, the Twins first round pick in the 2014 draft is currently with the Twins Class-A club. The shortstop is currently hitting .242 with eight extra base hits. This week he went 4-17 with two RBIs.
More from Puckett's Pond
- Minnesota Twins: 2022 Year in Review for Twins Baseball
- Minnesota Twins: Making the Case for the Current 2023 Rotation
- Minnesota Twins: Does the MLB or the Twins have a Spending Problem?
- Minnesota Twins: 2 Possible Free Agent Reunions for 2023
- Minnesota Twins: Holiday Wish List for the rest of the Offseason