The time is finally here. We are just a couple hours away from the home opener for the Minnesota Twins. It’s a beautiful day for baseball and a beautiful day for some lackluster poetry. Haven’t found the lackluster poetry yet? Don’t worry, we have it for you right here on the Pond. We hope you and yours has a beautiful home opener day. Go Twins!
Does a one and five start have you down?
Put on a smile and head to the park downtown
The ball club’s in town and ready to play
We’re having good weather even before May
Kansas City is undefeated, but don’t fret
Don’t look at Vegas’ money line, the Twins are an underdog bet
Trevor May takes the hill for the first time
He’s career could turn out sublime
The offense is starting to click a little
When in Detroit it looked like a riddle
Let’s win one today and then one tomorrow
If not, there are plenty of beers to drown our sorrow
I don’t know if this will be the year
When Sano and Buxton arrive, the Twins will be feared
It’s been said before and I’ll say it right
No matter what, we’ll see you tomorrow night
More from Puckett's Pond
- Minnesota Twins: Does the MLB or the Twins have a Spending Problem?
- Minnesota Twins: 2 Possible Free Agent Reunions for 2023
- Minnesota Twins: Holiday Wish List for the rest of the Offseason
- Minnesota Twins: After signing with the Mets, Correa spurns Twins again
- Minnesota Twins: You Spin Me Right Round, Right Round