Cuts in the morning and more cuts in the afternoon for the Minnesota Twins on a busy, busy Sunday for the ball club. This morning the team sent out the likes of Byron Buxton, Jose Berrios and more to minor league camp and they added to the list after Sunday’s game.
Earlier it was noted that Miguel Sano had not been sent out of major league camp and that is no longer true. Sano has been cut and sent to the minor leagues.
Mike Berardino of the Pioneer Press had a long list of players cut by the Twins after their 6-6 tie with the St. Louis Cardinals on Sunday:
If my count is correct, the Twins cut 18 players from major league camp either before or after Sunday’s game. Also that means only 43 remain in big league camp for the Minnesota Twins.
Those cut earlier on Sunday:
- Ryan O’Rourke – left-handed pitcher
- Taylor Rogers – left-handed pitcher
- Tyler Duffy – right-handed pitcher
- Mitch Garver – catcher
- Stuart Turner – catcher
- Heiker Meneses – infielder
- Max Kepler – outfielder
Who knew that selection Sunday would not just be for college basketball teams, but for choosing which baseball players to keep in major league camp.
UPDATE: Twins only ‘officially’ announce four cuts, but… the others are gone too. Just maybe not officially. Yet.
More from Puckett's Pond
- Minnesota Twins: 2022 Year in Review for Twins Baseball
- Minnesota Twins: Making the Case for the Current 2023 Rotation
- Minnesota Twins: Does the MLB or the Twins have a Spending Problem?
- Minnesota Twins: 2 Possible Free Agent Reunions for 2023
- Minnesota Twins: Holiday Wish List for the rest of the Offseason