It’s a new week and it’s time to look at what is making headlines around the league and entity that we like to call Major League Baseball. All of these come from the beautiful minds across the FanSided Network. Why delay any more? Here’s the Minnesota Twins Web Gems!
- Couple big Marlin notes, because the Marlins are a team that I would keep in mind if I were you. I only said that about the Royals for at least five years and they finally did it last season. Watch out for those pesky 2020 Marlins! Anyway, first, Ichiro Suzuki signed with Miami, Marlin Maniac has that and more.
- Seriously, watch out for the Marlins. There is reason to believe that they could even exceed expectations for this coming season. Marlin Maniac has that little talker as well.
- To the Gateway to the West, St. Louis! Some names you’ve heard of are out of options, but are fighting for major league roster spots with the Cardinals. Pete Kozma and Sam Freeman are the fighters and Redbird Rants has more on the battle.
- Not often do bloggers think about an individual player’s wants over the team that they cover, but I have found an example. A very good example pertaining to David Price and the Detroit Tigers. The piece from Motor City Bengals believes that Price shouldn’t sign a long term deal with the Tigers. I agree, for the record.
- Elsewhere in the American League Central, the Cy Young Award has arrived. In Cleveland, Corey Kluber has received his shiny trophy for his wonderful pitching in 2014. Wahoo’s On First has a visual confirmation and more.
- For your Minnesota Twins nugget of the day: Could Alex Meyer be headed for the Minnesota Twins bullpen?
I’m done. Have a good week, a great Monday and let’s go Twins!
More from Puckett's Pond
- Minnesota Twins: 2022 Year in Review for Twins Baseball
- Minnesota Twins: Making the Case for the Current 2023 Rotation
- Minnesota Twins: Does the MLB or the Twins have a Spending Problem?
- Minnesota Twins: 2 Possible Free Agent Reunions for 2023
- Minnesota Twins: Holiday Wish List for the rest of the Offseason