Sep 5, 2014; Minneapolis, MN, USA; Minnesota Twins first baseman Joe Mauer (7) at bat against the Los Angeles Angels at Target Field. Mandatory Credit: Brad Rempel-USA TODAY Sports
1: Competitive Balance: It’s no secret that the Twins aren’t World Series contenders in 2015 (Currently with 150/1 odds), but that isn’t to say a change shouldn’t be expected. The AL Central may shape up to be the best division in baseball, and the Twins should be in the thick of it. Looking at an already strong lineup (finishing in the top 10 in regards to run production in 2014), the Twins have added another solid bat in Hunter, and should be supplemented by a better pitching staff that continues to take steps forward. Minnesota isn’t yet ready to reel off multiple AL Central division titles, but expecting a .500 team, and one that could challenge for a surprise Wild Card spot isn’t out of the question either.
As the winter months continue on, and as the Christmas season shows us plenty of giving, take solace in these five instances that go to prove the Twins are ready to start the turnaround in 2015.
More from Puckett's Pond
- Minnesota Twins: Does the MLB or the Twins have a Spending Problem?
- Minnesota Twins: 2 Possible Free Agent Reunions for 2023
- Minnesota Twins: Holiday Wish List for the rest of the Offseason
- Minnesota Twins: After signing with the Mets, Correa spurns Twins again
- Minnesota Twins: You Spin Me Right Round, Right Round