If you have your heart set on Jay Bruce sporting a Minnesota Twins uniform, well, I hope you are sitting down. Mike Berardino of the Pioneer Press reports that the Twins have no shot at acquiring the right fielder.
Bruce has played his whole career with the Cincinnati Reds. In his seven year career, Bruce has been an All-Star twice. Bruce made the National League All-Star team in 2011 and 2012.
In 2014, Bruce played in 137 games and hit .217/.281/.373 with 66 RBI and 18 home runs.
As Berardino pointed out, the cost is seemingly too high for Bruce. The price ceiling the Twins seemingly have looks to be keeping them from a lot of potential players. The price might be too high even to sign the aging Torii Hunter.
I’ve found recently that even though there are a lot of ‘trolls’ and complete idiots, there are also a lot of very well put points in the responses to the big beat writers’ tweets. The one that caught my eye to the above Berardino tweet:
Sad, but true.
Isn’t being a Minnesota Twins fan just such a hoot?
More from Puckett's Pond
- Minnesota Twins: 2022 Year in Review for Twins Baseball
- Minnesota Twins: Making the Case for the Current 2023 Rotation
- Minnesota Twins: Does the MLB or the Twins have a Spending Problem?
- Minnesota Twins: 2 Possible Free Agent Reunions for 2023
- Minnesota Twins: Holiday Wish List for the rest of the Offseason