What’s going on around the league? Let’s take a look around the FanSided Network and what our fellow sites are talking about.
- After a not-so-nice quote from the Seattle skipper, there is some sense that Michael Saunders’ time in the great Northwest might be coming to a close. Sodo Mojo points to a current World Series participant that could be a great fill for the M’s. Hint: Nori Aoki.
- Let’s all hope into the way back machine; the way back machine in this case isn’t going all that far back. Remember when Brian Roberts was one of the best second basemen in the game? His career has officially come to a close as he has announced his retirement. Birds Watcher has the details.
- The St. Louis Cardinals didn’t make the World Series, but they have made the baseball version of the Promised Land a lot in the 2000’s. ’04, ’06, ’11 and ’13 they made it while winning it twice. The NL Central has seen some success stories, but are the Cards the only great franchise in the NL Central? Our border buddies, Reviewing The Brew, takes a look at it.
- Detroit Rock City was more like Detroit Their Bullpen Gets Rocked Daily City, am I right?! It’s no secret that the Tigers need some bullpen help. Motor City Bengals takes a look at the issue which wasn’t as much on former Twin Joe Nathan as you’d think.
- THEY ARE DESTROYING WRIGLEY FIELD!!! Okay, not completely destroying, but some major renovations are coming to the loveable baseball bears of Chicago. Look at what they are doing in Chicago here from our buddy bears at Cubbies Crib.
You have a web gem? Send them our way on the fancy Twitter machine: @PuckettsPond.
More from Puckett's Pond
- Minnesota Twins: 2022 Year in Review for Twins Baseball
- Minnesota Twins: Making the Case for the Current 2023 Rotation
- Minnesota Twins: Does the MLB or the Twins have a Spending Problem?
- Minnesota Twins: 2 Possible Free Agent Reunions for 2023
- Minnesota Twins: Holiday Wish List for the rest of the Offseason