The Minnesota Twins win behind Plouffe and Suzuki’s power displays
The Minnesota Twins are now 13-10 on the spring with a 6-1 win over the Rays this afternoon.
Ervin Santana started for the Twins and allowed no runs, 3 hits, 1 walk, 0 home runs and struck out 8 in 6 innings of work.
The Twins’ freshly appointed Opening Day starter seemed in total control over his excellent outing.
More from Puckett's Pond
- Minnesota Twins: After signing with the Mets, Correa spurns Twins again
- Minnesota Twins: You Spin Me Right Round, Right Round
- Minnesota Twins: What happens next at Shortstop?
- Minnesota Twins: Grading the Twins’ Joey Gallo signing
- Minnesota Twins: 4 Possible Trade Chips not named Kepler or Arraez
Dan Runzler loaded the bases in the bottom of the ninth but recovered to close out the game without allowing a run.
Offensively, the Twins struck first and led 6-0 before the Rays responded in the 7th inning. Kurt Suzuki and Trevor Plouffe both had 2 home runs. Suzuki with two solo shots and Plouffe with a solo shot and a 2 run homer.
Byron Buxton also drove in a run in the 3rd inning with a sac fly.
The Twins will face the Pittsburgh Pirates tomorrow afternoon at CenturyLink Sports Complex. First pitch is at 12:05 CST. Kyle Gibson will get the start the Twins. The game will be broadcast on FSN+.