It is time to dust off the old web gems because the season is getting crazy. A lot of stuff is happening around Major League Baseball right now and we don’t want you to miss any of it. We’ve searched for some headlines that we thought would be of interest and we present them now to you in the first regular season edition of Puckett’s Pond’s Minnesota Twins Web Gems!
- The Chicago Cubs last week brought up stud prospect Kris Bryant, because service time is still a thing, and now the Cubbies have called up a fellow big time prospect in Addison Russell. Grading on the Curve breaks down Russell’s addition to the South Siders. Cubbies Crib can also tell you about the nice game Russell had before being called up to the bigs with the Iowa Cubs.
- Things could sure be going better for the Miami Marlins and their ex-Minnesota Twins manager Mike Redmond. After a less than great start, some are calling for Redmond’s job. Marlin Maniac has more info.
- Remember when it used to be the Twins and the Houston Astros in the basement of major league baseball? Well, the Houston Astros are still striking out a whole lot. Three Houston players have already struck out more times than Victor Martinez did all of last season. More fun at Houston’s expenses from Call to the Pen.
- Nothing beats Target Field, but Busch Stadium in St. Louis is still worth the trip for baseball fans. Redbird Rants has a review of all the new food that you can consume while consuming a Cardinals game.
- While most were probably watching the Minnesota Wild skate to victory over the St. Louis Blues 3-0 last night, Oswaldo Arcia was dropping pop flies leading to a bunch of runs. Okay, he dropped one, but that’s still one to many. If you want to read more about the 7-1 loss, Kings of Kauffman has all your information.
- Here on the Pond, I was optimistic about the Twins, well, at least before last night.
Twins and Royals face off again tonight. Have a tremendous Tuesday, everybody!