Minnesota Twins Game 77: Lineups and First Impressions
After a tough loss and a rather uninspiring start last night from feel good story, Yohan Pino, the Minnesota Twins will look to get back into the win column and grab at least one win in the series from the Los Angeles Angels. Today’s pitching matchup pits Ricky Nolasco against Jered Weaver.
Last night the Twins watched Danny Santana leave the game early with an apparent injury, and the Twins will be without his services today. In another move today, the Twins have sent Pino down and called up Jorge Polanco. Before leaving California for Texas, the Twins will want to stop their two game skid.
Here’s how both teams will line up in today’s matinee affair.
Minnesota Twins (36-40)
1. Sam Fuld CF
2. Brian Dozier 2B
3. Joe Mauer DH
4. Kendrys Morales 1B
5. Oswaldo Arcia RF
6. Kurt Suzuki C
7. Chris Parmelee LF
8. Eduardo Escobar 3B
9. Pedro Florimon SS
Los Angeles Angels (43-33)
1. Kole Calhoun RF
2. Mike Trout CF
3. Albert Pujols DH
4. Josh Hamilton LF
5. Erick Aybar SS
6. Howie Kendrick 2B
7. Hank Conger C
8. David Freese 3B
9. Efren Navarro 1B
- So the Angels are starting Efren Navarro against the Twins and Nolasco today. With 47 career at bats, it will be interesting to see what success he ends up having today.
- Jorge Polanco being called up to the Twins makes him the youngest player since Joe Mauer to put on a Minnesota Twins uniform.
- With a lineup void of Josh Willingham, and including Florimon, the Twins could be looking at a handful of quick outs at the bottom of their lineup.
- Morales is also getting the start at first today while Mauer gets the day off just to hit.
- Can we all agree we are just excited the Yohan Pino experiment is over…
First pitch today is at 2:35 pm central time and can be viewed on Fox Sports North. Don’t worry, the US World Cup match will be well over by then. The Twins can be heard on the radio on the Twins Radio Network.