If you see someone walking around the slushy streets this week wearing a permagrin and sporting a bounce in their step, you know you’ve met a baseball fan. With the arrival of Spring Training this week, we’re moving back into our happy place, or maybe I should say “sweet spot”, and things are looking up.
The players are arriving in sunny Florida, too. New Twins pitcher Mike Pelfrey was among the first to give the ritual quote in the “I feel fantastic!” vein:
Mike Pelfrey threw a bullpen today & said he felt great. Should be on schedule & throwing without restrictions. #MNTwins
— Dustin Morse (@Twins_morsecode) February 11, 2013
Yes, baseball is here.
However, while many fans of the Minnesota Twins are booking flights, dusting off their flip flops and buying sunscreen, not all of us have a spring break trip to Fort Myers on our lineup cards this year. That doesn’t mean you have to miss out on all the action! Here at Puckett’s Pond, you will continue to find reports, analysis and opinion about your favorite team. Below is a list of important Spring Training dates and a list of where you can listen or watch the games as you get back into baseball shape for the 2013 season.
Important 2013 Spring Training Dates for the Minnesota Twins
- February 12: Twins pitchers and catchers reporting date
- February 15: Twins full squad reporting date
- February 23: Twins first Spring Training game
- March 2-19: World Baseball Classic
- March 31: Active rosters drop to 25
- April 1: Opening Day at Target Field
Where to Listen:
- In the metro area: 96.3 K-TWIN
- Outstate: Treasure Island Baseball Network (TIBN)
- Online: Select games are available on GameDay audio through MLB
Where to watch:
- Limited games online: mlb.tv
- Television: www.foxsportsnorth.com currently lists no coverage of Spring Training games
Helpful Reference Pages
- Spring Training Connection - A hub for MLB’s spring training schedules, locations, etc.
- 2013 Grapefruit League Schedule – The Spring Training league the Twins play in
Topics: Minnesota Twins