The Twins remain in first place by two games in the AL Central, despite losing ugly to the fightin’ Daytons earlier this afternoon. Coolstandings has the Twins’ current odds of winning the division at 60.6%. I’ll take it. On to your WPA studs and duds of the game.
(via the good people at Fangraphs)
1) Alberto Callaspo: .292 With a pair of 3-run homers, Callaspo drove in more than half of Kansas City’s runs all by himself.
2) Scott Podsednik: .132 Why does Scotty Pods always seem to hit like an All-Star off of Twins’ pitching?
3) Joe Mauer: .114 That’s right, Scott Podsednik had a higher WPA than Man Muscles.
1) Carl Pavano: -.484 3 innings pitched, seven runs, eleven hits, including Callaspo’s first three-run donger.
2) The entire offense, except for Joe Mauer. No exaggeration: the Twins stranded a billion baserunners and left the bases loaded a hundred times. This team sucks.